Vintage pens with feather and metal ferrule
Writing set with natural feather of different colors adapted on vintage pens in finely decorated metal in elegant gift box containing a spare nib and a bottle of ink suitable for calligraphic art and writing on Amalfi paper.
Perfect as a gift, decorative item for a living room, library or on your desk.
- Feather carefully chosen and cut to size giving it the characteristic elegant look and a pleasant silky feel to the touch.
- This fountain pen is made with a natural feather and a metal section that has been treated to prevent rust and ensure its durability.
- These vintage pens with decorative feathers have a practical grip and are therefore perfect for practicing different calligraphic techniques.
- Excellent gift idea with fine packaging.
- These pens are a work of craftsmanship completely made in Itay produced entirely by hand by masters of the sector who carry on the ancient Italian tradition.
“The earliest forms of writing, known to us, date back over 5000 years. The peoples of Syria, Babylon, Egypt and China were already using a wide variety of materials. Inks were made using soot and colors derived from plants and other organic substances. Writing instruments were made from animal bone, bamboo, etc.
The quill pen will appear later, around the V/VI century, by the monks. In order to pass on Christian doctrines, they created the first manuscripts of Western civilization. The quill pen allowed a fluid and moldable writing; so calligraphy was born, that is the art of beautiful writing, in the various styles known to us today.
The evolution of mankind is due to writing, as an archive of human knowledge. To write means to transmit, by means of handwriting, feelings, emotions, images and knowledge.”
This post is also available in: Italian